Grant County Clerk's Office
The County Clerk is the principal record keeper of the county. All legal instruments, including plat maps, deeds, mortgages, oil and gas leases, liens, and military discharge papers that are filed with the county by private citizens and public officials are preserved by the County Clerk.
Other duties of the County Clerk include the following activities:
• Serving as secretary for the Board of County Commissioners and other county boards such as the County Excise Board
• Recording all appropriations and expenditures for each county office or department
• Preparing warrants or checks for paying county bills and payroll
• When serving as the county’s purchasing agent, purchasing or leasing and maintaining all county supplies and equipment
• Acting as the registrar of deeds
Some content may be extracted from OSU Cooperative Extension Fact Sheet AGEC-802 and/or the County Training Program website. More complete information is available from these sources.